Our perspective on the case against us
EVERY BUSINESS MAKES CHOICES
Beulah have enjoyed serving a great variety of people with design and print services during our years in business. However, like most businesses we have turned down work for a variety of reasons over the years. Generally, the reasons for us declining work has been conflict between what we are being asked to do and our Christian faith. Some examples of work we have turned down are the following:
- Entertainment venues requesting posters with offensive language or indecent images or promoting drunkenness.
- The promotion of false religions and cults.
- Businesses requesting that we print 2 sets of invoice books to facilitate avoidance of VAT.
- Individuals and businesses requesting payment arrangements to avoid VAT.
- Individuals requesting that we design and print same sex wedding invitations.
- Depiction of witchcraft and images depicting the celebration of death.
When such occasions have arisen over the years, we have always treated the request for service with respect and have done our best to give an explanation of our reasons for declining the work. On many of these occasions we have retained the respect of our customers and continued to do print work for them.